I-Trep program is pleased to announce an intensive summer course on “Biomedical Entrepreneurship” that will be held at the University of Vermont from June 15th through 23rd, 2017. This course will provide the training that biomedical researchers need to bring their innovations from bench to marketplace/bedside through the appropriate commercialization.
Participants will learn how to:
- Evaluate biomedical invention readiness,
- Navigate ethical issues in entrepreneurship,
- Evaluate the market for biomedical invention,
- Increase attraction from investors,
- Select appropriate commercialization path for the biomedical invention to reach to the customers (e.g. patients),
- Develop a technology roadmap for longer-term growth,
- Identify and acquire financial (federal and private) and human resources.
This team-based intensive course will be structured daily with morning lectures, seminars, lunch with expert presenter and team-based work.
Invited experts in the area of entrepreneurship will be leading primary lectures including, Charles Irvin, Ph.D., Associate Dean for Faculty, Professor of Medicine, UVM for Ethics and Conduct in Entrepreneurship.
Application and Deadlines:
Qualified applicants include faculty, postdocs, and Ph.D. students. Applications must be submitted to email@example.com. Applicants can expect a confirmation email once officially submitted. Application Deadline: March 15st, 2017. All applicants will be notified of their status by March 20th.
Applications will be reviewed by the corresponding representative committee at each location (New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, Puerto Rico, Alaska, and Vermont). Selected applicants are provided free tuition. A total of 24 participants will be selected.
The I-Trep program offers awards to the selected participants of this registration-free summer course. Awards will cover:
– a) Travel to UVM. Arrangements for the travel will be made by the I-Trep coordinator. Expected arrival will be June 15th and departure June 24th
– b) Housing during the course at the UVM campus (June 15th to June 23rd)
– c) Lunch for round table with outside speakers